Now if only I could find my cape ...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Frustrating!

Okay, I’m a closet Interaction Designer, wanting desperately to actually be able to practice the art and science of ID, but somehow it ALWAYS ends up that people think I do Graphic Design (GD).

INTERACTION DESIGNER does not equal GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Yes, I know my way around Photoshop, thank-you-very-much, and yes, I can edit photos, create images, and have an eye for beautiful graphic works, BUT I AM NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGNER!!!

Interaction Design, by my definition, is the design of the interaction a person has with an object, whether that be a website, an application, a device or a place.

If anyone out there wants a bit o’ free ID work, I’m game at this point. I need to build a portfolio of work, and I can’t do that while trying to explain why the world needs ID … instead I’ll show them what’s possible. :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home