Now if only I could find my cape ...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hood To Coast

Okay, that whole "time-shortage" post from over a week ago nailed it spot on ... where has all the time gone?

Part of the issue was the 24th Hood To Coast Relay ... the largest relay race in North America. What a rush! This is the fifth year I've participated, and it has yet to disappoint. Our team placed 294th out of over 1,000 teams, finishing the 197 mile relay in just over 26.5 hours with an average pace of 8 minutes per mile. I hadn't trained as much as I should have, and I'd gained some weight since last year (ah, the Thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies did me in), but managed to make it through my segments of the course. Here are some photos from a couple of team members ... Photo Set A / Photo Set B.

On top of that, the final preparations for the house move have made it interesting around the house ... "Now, where did the utensils go? Are they in the box in that pile, or did they get moved over here? So, who wants pizza?" :-)

As part of the move process I've ditched standard telephone service in lieu of VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone service and, I have to admit, I've been very impressed already. I signed up with Vonage and their site, service and ease-of-use have been fantastic. If you want a referral, let me know and I'll send one your way ... highly recommended. I'll also be using Verizon's FIOS fiber internet services at the new place, so more feedback on that coming soon, too.

NetworthIQ is still going strong, and we have a number of new features to add in the coming weeks ... ideally in time to get out of beta sooner than later. Our first ever newsletter comes out in the next few days and we're hoping to see more activity as we remind everyone that tracking your net worth is a monthly (or more frequent) exercise ... an exercise that can help keep your finances healthy (or at least keep you consciously aware of them).

All for now, yet always more to come ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Williams said...

You got FIOS!!! Man, I'm gonna have come bum some bandwidth off of you. Maybe you can put up a really strong wi-fi antenna for your fellow developers :-). It's only a couple of miles.

Nice work on HTC, I can't believe you guys were so fast. I'm sure glad I didn't run this year. I would've felt like a slug.

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home