Now if only I could find my cape ...

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Getting a financial IQ test

It sounds kinda corny, but it's amazing what a wake up call it is to actually figure out your net worth ... especially if you're in my age bracket (30-34) and just waking up to the fact that, yes, you WILL become like your parents some day and that, yes, you ARE getting older and that thing called "retirement" is not quite so far away as it once seemed, so the time is now to start planning for it.

NetworthIQ was my wake up call ... this project, built with a couple of developer friends, was designed to be a social financial tool for tracking your net worth and comparing it to the net worth of others in various demographic categories. In the process of building the site, I started investigating my own net worth and realized pretty quickly that I have a long way to go in order to be where I want to be when I retire (or retire early if I dream really big).

You can check out my public profile on NetworthIQ and see what you think ... I'm making a commitment to update my net worth info at the end of each month, and to start spending less (and making smarter purchases) while saving more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alsymer said...

Okay, Hazzard, you're now under "Financial Thoughts" ... though it was tempting to also put you under "Light Reading & Humor". :-)

You have the dubious honor of being my first official reader. Congrats!

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home